Thursday, September 3, 2020

Week 01- Use of Basic Shapes

 For the first Common Art assignment, I used Maya to form complex looking structures from basic shapes. After modeling a structure in Maya, I screenshot my model from Maya and painted on it in Photoshop. Sparth's work was our inspiration from this assignment. I chose Sparth's "Their Tree" and "Exploitation" as my reference for my illustration. 



I modeled the rock structures and a small spaceship. I added a light in the back (to represent the sun/planet) and added a dim light in the front to represent reflective light bouncing off of scenery (in the imaginary world). If I did not add the dim light in the front, the shading would've been pitch black.




Here is my final illustration! I had fun experimenting with Mr. Zuccarello's Photoshop brushes.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Research Project

Research Project: Anatomy Studies For the past few weeks, I wanted to find the best methods for practicing sketching and sculpting anatomy. ...